This Policy works hand-in-hand with the Terms and Conditions of Use, found elsewhere on the website.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Controller is Burns and Bannockburn Luxury Chess Sets of Stirling, Scotland (firstname.lastname@example.org).
What personally identifiable information does the Company collect and how is it used?
When you visit, register or order products or services on https://robertburnschessset.com/ you may be asked to, or of your own volition, provide information from which you can be identified, including your name, email address, home or Company address etc as well as text you may upload and other technical data such as the IP address of the machine you use.The Company will not collect such information from users while they use the website unless they voluntarily provide it to us and authorise us to collect such information. Users may provide other information about themselves from which they can be identified.The Company may use or disclose all such information in order to:
• fulfil a sale of a product or service including sharing such information with its partners and suppliers
• carry out the service as requested by you
• support marketing activities
• to enable site visitors to participate in interactive features of your service, when they choose to do so
• to respond to other inquiries or requests by you
• to provide information about specials, sales or new products or services that you will introduce in the future.
• advise third parties of analysed informationand will retain such information for the following period of time:for no longer than required to fulfil the sale of the product.
• for no longer than required to perform the service or offer additional services.We may also disclose personally identifiable information in the establishment or exercise of legal rights or defences against legal claims, to comply with applicable laws or regulations, to comply with a valid legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order or to investigate suspected fraud or a violation of our Terms and Conditions of Use. We will never sell user information to any 3rd-party not affiliated with the Company, without your specific and unambiguous consent, except in connection with the sale or merger of the Company or the division responsible for such services provided.User may ‘opt out’ by contacting customer service at email@example.com or by selecting the opt-out auto option available on the website.The Company may, from time to time, send or post surveys or requests for your feedback in order to help us make our website and services better. Any responses we receive from users will be used only to evaluate our website and services and no personally identifiable information from respondents will be shared with any non-employees of Company, except that information provided in the Feedback/Comments areas.If you are chosen for a promotion or as a winner in a contest, you give the Company permission to use your name, image and other information about you, for marketing purposes. To maintain customer service standards and to assist staff training, we may record and monitor incoming calls.
What non-personally identifiable information does the Company collect and how is it used?
The Company collects and tracks certain non-personally identifiable information, including, but not limited to, IP numbers and browser type, access times, domain names, usage habits and other information which does not specifically identify any individual.
Disclosure of your information
The information you provide to us may be accessed by or given to third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support services on our behalf. We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our website to third-parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.Where you have consented when providing us with your details, we may also allow other companies in our group, to contact you occasionally about products and services which may be of interest to you. They may contact you by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.You agree that we may disclose your identity and contact details to (1) any third party who claims to us that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or their rights of privacy, and (2) to other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Finally, if our Company enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another Company entity, your information may be disclosed to our new Company partners or owners.Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
The following is a summary of the types of cookies that are being used on this site, along with information on how you can block them.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Is my information private with Company merchants?
The only Voluntary Information that may be shared between Company and one of our partner websites is that which pertains to information used in the furtherance of tracking an order and providing you with correct information regarding same.
Order information, including order numbers and amounts, may be available to the Company, affiliate merchants and 3rd-party affiliate program management companies, for accurate tracking purposes. The Company will not release this information to other parties unless you request it.
What about data security?
We employ security measures to protect, so far as reasonably possible, your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
The Company requires that our advertisers and partners ensure the security of the data that users provide to them, however, in the event of a breach of their security measures, you agree that the Company will not be liable for any losses or damages.
The Company limits access to personal information about users to employees, for whom we reasonably believe it is necessary, in order to provide products or services.
May I see the information the Company collects about me?
You are entitled to see the personal information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us at email@example.com or you can select to have it auto-emailed to you using the Data Request Page.
We do not raise any charge in providing you with details of the information we hold about you, but we may raise a charge where such requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular, because of their repetitive character, we may either charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested or refuse to act on the request.
The Company gives users the option to remove personally identifiable information from our list of active users.
You may also choose to opt-out of certain communications from the Company, such as our Newsletter.If you want to unsubscribe or opt-out of communications from us, send an email to Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within 48 hours.
The Company is not responsible for removing personally identifiable information from the lists of any 3rd-party partner or advertiser who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this Policy.
Where is the web site located?
The Company website is maintained in the United Kingdom. If you are located outside of the U.K., by using the website, you authorise the import of your information and its use, as specified in this Policy.
What is the minimum age to use this website
Use of https://robertburnschessset.com/ and products/services are intended for persons who are eighteen (18) years or older, or Company entities.If proof comes to the attention of the Company that an individual user is under the age of eighteen (18) years and is accessing our services and/or products without the consent, approval or authorisation of their parents or legal guardian or other person with legally recognised parental authority, the Company will immediately terminate such account.
The Company reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time, in the event that this becomes necessary after initial release, or in the event that it becomes necessary with respect to additional, deleted, modified or amended services provided by Company.The Company will not personally notify you of any amendments to this Policy. Users are urged to check this Policy frequently in order to determine whether any changes have been made. Users understand and agree that continued use of the Company web site assumes that they have read and accepted this Policy, as it may be amended from time to time.
Where can I access this policy?
The Company never uses or installs spyware on user computers, nor do we use spyware to retrieve information from user computer.
The section titles used in this Policy are purely for convenience and carry with them no legal or contractual effect.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.